An Automation Engineer’s role at Qentelli sits across our delivery teams ensuring we release quality features and changes for our clients. Will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated suites and will be expected to contribute to the overall test strategy, execution, and QA procedures.
Should have deep experience designing developing and executing automated, end-to-end integration tests in API-driven applications; Specflow/Gherkin/Selenium;
Programming/scripting test automation suites (preferably using C# language);
The range of responsibilities of Qentelli’s Automation Engineer are:
- Define Automation test suite and ensure successful implementation
- Support Quality Assurance Automation processes, guidelines and best practices to bring in QA effectiveness
- Ensure standard methodology and procedures are followed
- Explain the Automation methodology, processes, tools, templates, environment, and concepts to the project teams
- Provide Automation demo/walkthroughs to the project teams
- Work with other teams/ departments to ensure smooth QA delivery during entire test lifecycle
- Create and maintain Automation frameworks & scripts on Windows, Mac, Mobile Web, iOS & Android platforms
- Create and manage Automation testing schedule and work plan
- Work with the Lead or Project Manager as per the project timelines
- Escalate issues to QA leadership that impede the test effort
- Communicate Automation progress and summary metrics to the project team
Summary of Essential Job Functions
The summary of the essential functions of Automation Engineer are mentioned below. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Implementing Frameworks and Best Practices (20%)
- Support Automation Lead Developer / Automation Architect in defining quality standards and metrics for the current project/product
- Working with all stake holders to ensure that the quality metrics is reviewed, closed and agreed upon.
- Defining processes for test plan and several phases of testing cycle.
- Planning and scheduling several milestones and tasks like alpha and beta testing.
- Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Work closely on the deadlines of the project
- Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Ensure that the several testing and validation processes are improved continuously.
- Work in Client Delivery Teams (60%)
- Collaborate with BA and Project teams in understanding the requirements and create test scenarios that cover end to end user journeys
- Provide walkthrough of the scenarios to the stakeholders
- Work with cross functional teams, such as hardware teams and business analysis teams and implement Gherkin language tests and automated scripts
- Follow up with teams on new functionalities, participate in discussions on user stories and develop follow up test cases and automated test scripts using Selenium tool with C# as the scripting language
- Document QA life cycle and map scripts to stories
- Ensure several quality improvement tools like code coverage, memory leaks are part of the development cycle, in case of conflicts resolve via upper management
- Execute tests and post defects with software application teams
- Work with the development team to ensure that issues are resolved
- Sending crisp and clear status to the Project Manager / Lead/ Architect
- Organization Activities (20%)
- Maintaining cordial relationships between cross functional teams like development, configuration management, program management, product managers etc
- Seek feedback from supervisors and take appropriate actions accordingly
- Provide sessions on knowledge gained at new projects
- Mentor junior team members on Automation activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Computer Science field.
- 2+ years of experience in software quality assurance and experience in Test Automation across different platforms
- 2 years of .Net Development experience is mandatory
E-mail resumes to email@example.com