You have a technical degree (computer science, engineering, etc.) and a long-standing passion for writing high-quality software. To you, tools and software is both a science and an art. As a software technologist, you possess in-depth knowledge of modern software development techniques and practices. As a software generalist, you enjoy learning new things, and solving new challenges at scale.
The DevOps lead will help engineering teams to become highly efficient and autonomous by providing automated solutions wherever possible. This is a great opportunity to combine the usage of latest tools and technologies with cutting-edge approaches to build the best development platform in the industry.
This role provides technological leadership across teams as well as leadership in all modern technologies in the field of cloud infrastructure operations and release engineering (often referred to as DevOps practices). Build CI/CD pipeline and be responsible for the deployments and monitoring of the solution including in-production. Work closely with distributed development, testing, operational teams, bringing all functions together to ensure seamless automated change management, release management and deployment process.
- System architecture definition and design
- Software implementation and integration
- Automated testing
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Reliability and performance analysis
You will work on architecture, design, and product definition that leads and influences decisions and outcomes related to project direction. As part of a team, you will:
- Act as a technical advisor and resource to other engineers, and across functions
- Work in and across the organization as well as with 3rd parties in product design effort
- Work independently, but with a team mindset
- Solve problems in a technical environment
- Build relationships and partnerships that enhance your impact (i.e. be a force multiplier)
This is a position requiring initiative and drive. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to collect requirements, design, architect, build, deploy, market, and support their solutions.
- Build, maintain and monitor CI/CD pipeline and all deployments up to production
- Design and automate deployment models
- Monitor existing pipelines, infrastructure, and applications in various environments
- Architect and develop infrastructure platforms
- Evangelizing DevOps transformation across the Dev/QA/Ops and other teams
- Evolve existing systems and transition into a global hybrid cloud environment
- Help with design and implementation of infrastructure assets using AWS services, OSS systems, and platforms
- Research of automation related technologies
- Work as a part of the scrum and development team, supervise DevOps members
- Deep working knowledge of Linux, UNIX administration, troubleshooting, and scripting
- Understanding of networking concepts and network protocols
- Experience configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring & logging tools (ELK, Dynatrace, New Relic)
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery techniques and Configuration management tools
- Good understanding of version control systems (Git, Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Build tools (such as Maven, Gradle for java, npm for java script etc.)
- Background in Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Virtualization using tools such as VMWare, Xen, etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies and platforms (Docker, LXC, LXD, Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of Release Management
- Solid working knowledge (i.e. proficiency) of infrastructure automation through SRE/DevOps scripting (E.g. Shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Configuration management using Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Experience in software design and development
- Has experience and/or interest in refactoring legacy systems to use more modern technologies, including migrating to the cloud or cloud native
- Knowledge of web services, server-side development, databases, and related technologies is a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines
- Ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new product development
- Experience in an environment that includes revision control and project life cycle tooling (Agile/Lean/Kanban preferred).
Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.