RPA tools reduce labor costs and mitigates human errors. They are helping companies gain transitory competitive advantage by providing error-free service at marginal cost.
RPA has steadily been gaining popularity for its ability to reduce costs, streamline processing, and drive better customer experience. Additionally, RPA tools enable the automation to be introduced without having to change an organization's underlying IT infrastructure.
Implementation of RPA tools is proving extremely successful to service-oriented businesses. In a 2016 insight release, Deloitte cited the example of a large consumer and commercial bank, which used 85 software bots to run 13 processes. It handled 1.5 million requests in a year, which was equivalent to having 230 employees working full-time on the same process but at just 30% of the cost!
The revenue from RPA tools is projected to reach $1.89 billion in 2021, an increase of 19.5% from 2020, according to the latest forecast from Gartner, Inc.
Getting Started with RPA - RPA Tools
While the list to getting started with RPA can be long and we will discuss that at length, in another article, for now, we would start with identifying a comprehensive solution among the myriad of RPA tools available in the market today. While one Google search can list out a plethora of options, we are putting together a comprehensive list of the top RPA tools in 2021, for you to get started.
- Datamatics – Datamatics’ TruBot RPA tool is an enterprise grade, multi-skilled bot, which automates processes. With no required programming knowledge, one can design bots easily. TruBot also comes with an intelligent data capture solution, TruCap+, which has integrated AI & fuzzy logic and captures meaningful data from unstructured documents with over 99% accuracy. This suite in its entirety ensures tensility and sustainability of both your modern applications and bespoke legacy applications in multivariate business scenarios. This emphasis on legacy and modern applications is the reason
- Automation Anywhere: Automation Anywhere is a sought-after RPA vendor that offers user-friendly RPA tools. It is a web-based management system that assists end-to-end RPA services. Automation Anywhere allows users to build scripts instead of having to write code. The three core components in the tool’s architecture are:
- Bot Creator - Allows creating bots to automate desktop-based applications.
- Control room - The controller enables handling end-to-end execution and client, roles, security management.
- Bot Runner – Acts as an extension to the bot creator and allows to run it. The bot execution status links back to the control room.
- Ui Path: UiPath enjoys the highest industry adaptation among RPA tools. Their products automate practically all web-based and internal applications. It also offers solutions for SAP, Citrix, and BPO automation.
It further offers advanced solutions for intelligent automation and is touted to be efficient and affordable, while integrating to existing legacy systems without any disruptions. It works both on the cloud and on-premise. It primarily offers three major products.
- UiPath Studio – The tool allows visually creating process automation through recorders. The UiPath Studio further has two products – one allows building bots; another helps in the execution of the bot. Process designers need no programming knowledge before getting started with the Studio.
- UiPath Robot – As a next step to the Studio, the Robot executes the processes created and can work without any human supervision. It accelerates accurate automation for SAP, Citrix, and Mainframe processes.
- UiPath Orchestrator – This web application enables the adoption, scheduling, management, and supervision of software robots.
- Blue Prism: Blue Prism RPA offers the workplace an elastic, multi-talented, and multi-faced digital workforce, supporting enterprise automation as well as scaling business processes through machine learning, AI, sentiment analysis, and intelligent automation. This highly scalable digital workforce can be deployed in on-premise and cloud environments. This tool also enables high performance, high availability, failover, and disaster recovery to mitigate any operational challenges.
The architecture of Blue Prism involves four main software elements. They are:
- Object Studio – Enables you to create a reusable Visual Business Object (VBO) for your business process.
- Process Studio – Enables you to design, create, edit as well as test business processes, developed from reusable VBO.
- Control Room – Enables you to schedule, run and handle processes
- Release Manager – Streamlines and automates release as well as change management functions within the platform
- Pega: Pega Platform drives automation and transformation with AI and centers around enhancing customer engagement capabilities. The simple user interface is known for delivering an enterprise-grade application with a no-code authoring experience, making it fast and reliable among the RPA tools.
- App Studio – The App Studio supports easy designing of reusable UI templates. It automatically adopts to new configurations, once the guidelines are set.
- DX API – If something is changed somewhere in the back-end of an application, the traditional API usually does not ensure that the change is also included in the front-end. With the DX (Digital Experience) API, Pega wants to make this possible within its platform. If you create a new field in the back-end of an application, for example, the DX API ensures that this field is also immediately visible in all front-end channels.
- Inflectra Rapise: Rapise automates day-to-day processes and automate different ERP systems. It can integrate Salesforce and other systems at the UI level. Rapise is designed around a core platform of tools for recording actions, managing process data, and playback of tasks. Beyond that it consists of an extensible set of libraries that can be extended by Inflectra to meet client needs. It can be used by both programmers and non-developers seamlessly, and can also be deployed as an on-premise solution.
- NICE: NICE has gained momentum to grab market share for its innovation roadmap, security/access control/authentication, and scale experience. With its Process Automation Platform, the RPA tool delivers contact centre automation solutions.
Its Automation Finder collects and analyses employee desktop data, suggests automations, and helps generate automations using Click to Automate.
NICE RPA’s Click to Automate feature further capitalizes on the benefits of its Automation Finder opportunity discovery feature by immediately actualizing its recommendations. What makes it stand out among other RPA tools is that with the three elements working together in tandem, the RPA journey becomes easily accessible to all.
- Softomotive: The Microsoft-acquired RPA tool has been a pioneer for a while now. It initially focused on developing a visual scripting system, using VBScript, for desktop automation.Softomotive later evolved the platform to create ProcessRobot for larger enterprises.
ProcessRobot includes enterprise-grade security and controls, with links to best-of-breed AI technologies. ProcessRobot promises to empower enterprises to dramatically reduce operational costs, increase efficiency, improve productivity and accelerate performance.
- Kryon: Kryon RPA Software is an easy-to-use platform built. The tool allows discovering, automating, and optimizing business processes faster by using AI. It enables monitoring daily tasks and interactions with applications to map and analyze every business process. Kryon RPA Software effortlessly reviews processes, builds workflow automation solutions, and puts the robots to work, reducing time significantly.
- Intellibot: Recently acquired by ServiceNow, Intellibot offers range of RPA tools designed specifically for enterprise corporations. Its design studio helps with the modeling and development of RPA projects, while its orchestrator assists with cloud compatibility, multitenancy, and compliance. Beyond this, Intellibot provides features including role-based access control, version control, business and IT reports, audit logging, and 256-bit encryption.
- Servicetrace: Servicetrace, a leading RPA solutions specialist recently announced the release of a new version of its XceleratorOne (X1) RPA tool, touted to be a comprehensive collaboration and management platform for RPA and offers integrated, unique lifecycle management. This enables organizations of all types and sizes to successfully implement and centrally manage their RPA projects across all life and project phases.
Qentelli’s take on RPA Tools
Qentelli provides RPA services to help clients address their strategic and critical operational challenges. We help our clients in shaping and identifying automation strategies, selection of the right RPA tool, key opportunities, to providing robust automated managed services. Our approach places business outcomes and successful workforce integration of these RPA technologies at the center of our client relationship and everything we commit to, is heavily driven by our deep industry and functional knowledge.
Our strong relationships with both established and emerging RPA vendors give us and our clients an edge.