There’s no argument that current Testing Tools are falling short of the expectations and with the shrinking Software Delivery timelines, codeless automation testing tools are the next multipliers for Agile and DevOps teams. Codeless automation testing tools provide win-win solutions for organizations and testing teams: saving testing time and costs while enjoying the added flexibility of adding business users to the testing and increasing the velocity of testing vis-à-vis improving the quality of the application.
Our list of favorite automation testing tools:
EggplantEggplant’s Digital Automation Intelligence promises and delivers an AI-assisted approach to revolutionize the current test automation practices for organizations. Eggplant’s automation testing tool helps in testing applications at the speed of delivery by testing end-to-end functionalities and providing flawless experiences to the end-users. Eggplant works across technologies and applications and provides a low-code and no-code platform to let business users contribute to testing.
Features that help Eggplant in standing out among the Automation Testing Tools are:
- Capable of automating functional and performance tests regardless of coding language.
- Works across multiple devices and operating systems.
- Can be installed and run on Linux, macOS X, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Can be integrated with Application Lifecycle Management tools like HPE Quality Center, IBM Rational Quality Manager, and Jenkins.
AccelQ is leader among Codeless automation testing tools that checks all the boxes of being a comprehensive Test Automation package. AccelQ can automate web, desktop, mainframes, and other applications with minimum time and effort speeding up the testing cycle. AccelQ draws the special attention of testing and Agile teams with its Natural English Coding and Self-Healing Capabilities. It can be integrated with popular and existing DevOps and Quality toolchains to provide a unified view of the complete Quality Engineering lifecycle.
To ensure a true Codeless experience for business users and domain specialists, AccelQ provides a simple and fast-to-develop UI. With features like Natural Language Programming, Intelligent Element Explorer, Extendible & Open source alignment, and Automated Test Generation, it is an instant hit among organizations.
Features that helped AccelQ become a leader in codeless testing arena are:
- Generates Application blueprint for better visual test designs
- Faster development and lower maintenance with Embedded Frameworks
- Predictive and Path Analysis features for developing test scenarios
- Maximize test coverage with Model UI and Data flows
- Automated Testing made scalable and secure for enterprise usage
- CI ready and Enables in-sprint Automation
Katalon is a popular automation testing tool for its wide range of testing capabilities across APIs, Web, Mobile, and Desktop applications. Katalon studio’s features are easy-to-use for beginners and experienced testers.
Katalon comes with a user-friendly interface for business users and testing experts. The record and playback functionalities, drag-and-drop commands, make it a true Codeless test automation tool. Testers can import external testing libraries and let the tool perform the execution, avoiding the need for building a framework from scratch.
Features that are helping Katalon become one of the best test automation tools are:
- Web, API, mobile, and desktop test automation. Deploy on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Comes with built-in project templates, test-case libraries, keywords, and object repositories
- Advanced Business-Driven Development features
- Automatically generate tests based on UI changes
- Supports native plugins for the popular CI tools
- Robust and comprehensive reporting capabilities
- Built-in integrations such as Test Management, Issue Management, Notifications, & Communication
Testim is an end-to-end AI-based Automated Testing Tool. It solves the two most pressing testing challenges–slow authoring and unstable tests because of fast-paced releases, changes in UI, and other factors. The Dynamic and Smart locators capture any changes in the Application Under Test (AUT) to generate and run tests automatically. Testim uses Machine Learning capabilities to author test, execute, and maintain them. This drastically reduces test creation and execution time by running thousands of tests parallelly. Testim integrates with existing CI/CD and collaboration tools, allowing teams to scale up testing quickly with the existing tool stack.
With fully customized functionality, Testim is like a one-size-fits-all solution. Testim delivers ‘Shift-Left’ by providing the right collaboration format for developers and testers to work on respective branches without overwriting each other’s changes. The platform helps in automating tests in a simple, stable, and collaborative way. As per the users, it checks all the boxes of an ideal codeless testing platform.
- Smart and Dynamic locators to generate tests automatically
- Detailed analysis of failed tests and root-cause analysis for speedy remediation
- Seamless integration with CI/CD tools
- Supports test authoring in three ways–Testim Extension, Coding in IDE, and Record test to export and then change
- Visual test editors for test creation
- Exhaustive test reports and bug checkers for overall test analysis
TestComplete comes from the SmartBear family. SmartBear is being named as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Software Test Automation. Taking renowned place in industry benchmark report makes it a popular tool of choice among various test automation teams. TestComplete offers powerful capabilities of Automated UI testing, GUI Object Recognition, Data-Driven testing, and advanced reporting capabilities for testing teams.
It offers extensive Continuous Testing features that support high-paced DevOps teams. SmartBear’s TestComplete offers end-to-end training and support that makes it easy for teams to grasp a full understanding of the tool.
TestComplete has established itself as one of the best automation testing tools because of:
- Script-based and Scriptless capabilities for automating UI testing for desktop, mobile, and web applications.
- GUI Object Recognition and Self-Healing Capabilities to recommend any changes in the UI and fix the tests after failing.
- Extensive community support and well-planned training and support documentation.
- Scale Continuous Testing for DevOps teams. Seamless integrations with other DevOps tools.
- Powered with Intelligent features like Self-Healing tests, Automatic Health Checkups, and ML-based Hybrid Object Recognition.
Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing (UFT)Micro Focus is another popular tool in the Test Automation space. It provides end-to-end testing capabilities for software applications and environments. It was formerly known as QuickTest Professional (QTP). UFT’s AI-based testing works on the Codeless principles of interacting with the application and testing it like an end-user. Based on the Model-Based testing, UFT comes with pre-built models that can be used to learn applications and identify objects. The company keeps on updating AI models for improving performance, accuracy, and identification capabilities.
- End-to-end testing of 200+ enterprise apps, technologies, and environments using a single testing tool.
- Advanced integration for CI/CD and Version Control enabling Continuous Testing for DevOps teams.
- Parallel testing, Cross-Browser Testing, and Cloud Deployments.
- A universal solution to test front-end functionalities and back-end services giving maximum test coverage.
- Comes with intelligent features like AI-based Machine Learning and OCR-enabled advanced object recognition, AI-based recording, and text matching.
Tricentis’s Tosca MBTA (Model-Based Test Automation) is a popular tool for continuous testing. It supports the entire lifecycle of the test project. TOSCA supports over 160 technologies with over 90% test automation rates reducing maintenance overhead. TOSCA provides a safety net of automated unit, code integration, test management functionalities to enable the testers to wrap up testing with the ongoing development iterations.
Gartner defines TOSCA as “A model-based approach supports test automation at the UI and API layers, service virtualization and exploratory testing. Productivity features such as UI and API scanning enable users to build a test repository with reusable assets that are automatically versioned.”
- Comes with Integrated Test Management, The Graphical User Interface (GUI), Command-Line Interface (CLI), and an Application Programming Interface (API)
- Business-focused users can be engaged with the Model-based approach
- User-friendly interface for writing Automation Test Cases even without programming knowledge
- Reusability features for core test components through various types of testing
ParasoftParasoft offers a complete suite of automated software testing tools that caters to overall testing needs for any development team. Parasoft promises quality software at the speed of delivery with complete compliance by enabling automated testing to early prevention, detection, and remediation of defects. Parasoft’s Continuous Quality test includes Parasoft c/C++test, Parasoft Jtest, Parasoft dotTEST, Insure++, DTP, CTP, Selenic, SOAtest, and Virtualize. Parasoft’s products solve specific challenges related to testing. We are listing some prominent features of its various products.
- Achieve Static Code Analysis, Unit Testing, and Code Coverage for a wide range of applications.
- AI-Driven UI, API, Functional, and Load testing features.
- Provides a complete overview of testing functions using advanced analytics and aggregated reports.
- Parasoft Virtualize provides service virtualization features to test anything and everything.
- Parasoft CTP manages test environments, test data, and other dependencies.
Perfecto is another leading automated testing platform for web and mobile applications. It is a cloud-based automation solution with multiple supported devices, browsers, and OS combinations for mobile and web application testing. Perfecto has AI capabilities for error classifications, self-healing features to update test scripts continuously and run them with minimum maintenance.
Perfecto claims to elevate digital experiences by optimizing continuous testing in the CI/CD processes. The cloud-based feature lets testers collaborate from anywhere. The advanced reporting capabilities ensure bug capture and detailed analysis of fixes in the early stages of SDLC. According to Forrester, “Perfecto is a strong enterprise choice, with improved parallel testing capabilities and high-level performance test execution at scale with enterprise-grade security.”
- Provides Continuous testing by automating complete Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC)
- Ability to support a live testing environment
- Provides Enterprise-grade security and scalability features
- Taking Automated Testing to next level though AI-drive test maintenance
- Functionalities to reuse tests
- Provides continuous feedback
Worksoft Certify® Automated TestingWorksoft Certify® Automated Testing is a codeless and continuous automated testing platform that works for all types of enterprise packaged applications. The tool can test a wide variety of enterprise applications like SAP ECC, SAP S/4HANA, SuccessFactors, C/4HAN, Concur, Hybris, Ariba, Fiori, Oracle Cloud, EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Service Now, Salesforce, Workday, Web Applications, Mobile Applications, Custom Applications, Mainframe, Java, Adobe PDF and more.
Features that help worksoft Certify standout among the automated testing tools are:
- Codeless and easy-to-use test automation, requires no knowledge of programming.
- Repository of objects library and test artifacts that can be used over and over.
- Intelligent algorithms to understand the change of patterns and update test suites accordingly.
- Enable Continuous Testing by running automated tests throughout the CI-CD cycle.
- Impact analysis for SAP applications.
Ranorex NGRX is a leading test automation solution provider with more than 14,000+ users worldwide. Ranorex users enjoy the outstanding features of comprehensive UI testing tools and all-in-one test automation across all interfaces.
Ranorex provides record and playback features for building reliable and maintainable test suites to help teams increase their automation coverage. Along with the record and playback feature, it also provides Keyword-driven testing features. Ranorex provides full IDE with open APIs and tools for intelligent code completing, refactoring, and debugging making it a complete solution for all testing requirements.
- Provides automated testing support to a wide range of technologies like C#, Java, Delphi, HTML5 web applications as well as iOS and Android apps.
- Editable record and replay automation workflows to ensure robust and complete automation recordings.
- Built on Microsoft .NET framework so there’s no need for testers to learn a proprietary scripting language to automate tests.
- Supports almost every testing approach – Black Box, Cross-browser, Data-driven, Functional, Keyword-driven testing, and Regression testing.
- Robust reporting capabilities to provide a complete overview of the testing function and generate performance analysis logs for each test failure and root-cause analysis.
Apart from these tools, here are a few more picks that are emerging in the Automation Testing space.
Leapwork is another cloud-based, codeless test automation tool and supports multiple types of applications like Web, Windows, SAP, and more. Automation is the cornerstone of Leapwork and they implemented it with default libraries and pre-defined building blocks, helping teams to save time and improve productivity.
Features that catapult Leapwork into the league of best Automation Testing Tools are:
- Visual flow builder with drag-and-drop building blocks
- No-code shortens the learning curve for testing teams
- Ability to reuse automation flows across different test cases
- Supports cross-browser testing and parallel executions
- Well-documented knowledge base for early adopters with videos and documents
- Effortless integration with existing DevOps toolset
- Smart recorder to capture test steps and execute them automatically
- Able to handle large volumes of data and supports multiple data sources
Rapise considered as one of the next-generation codeless automation ftools that leverages the power of open source and extensible architecture. Like many other tools, it supports a wide variety of applications like web, mobile, desktop, and APIs. With a record and editing functionality, it lets testers record and edit tests with an easy-to-use spreadsheet-based editor. The easy-to-use editor allows testers to change the test and execute them.
Rapise has potential to be among the best automation testing tools because of
- Perfect script less test automation solution with proprietary visual language - Rapise Visual Language (RVL)
- Easy-to-use for domain users and testers to create automated tests
- Powerful record and playback functionality
- Extensive support to automate web, mobile, desktop, and hybrid applications
- Automated and Intelligent Test Validation
- Powerful, customized, and advanced reporting capabilities
- Robust Automation with optical recognition, drag-and-drop IDE, and Self-healing capabilities
Qentelli’s Perspective about Automated Testing
While there are mature automation testing tools and solutions available in the market for Codeless Test Automation, nothing can substitute for the right team culture and on-the-mark execution strategy. There is no silver bullet for choosing right automation testing tools and there is no single tool that works for every team.
We recommend approaching Test Automation practice by:
- Thinking holistically about applications/systems under test with a range of possible testing scenarios and current challenges
- Developing ‘Shift-left’ and ‘All-inclusive’ testing culture where everyone is equally involved and responsible for testing (Afterall Codeless offers empowerment and value creation in STLC with business user’s involvement)
- Making tough choices about letting go of old methods and adopting new tools, and processes
- Being sufficiently adaptable
Qentelli offers various engagement models like hiring poly-skilled people or establishing new testing processes with the latest technologies including Codeless Automation Testing Tools like AccelQ, Cloud QA, Testim, TOSCA MBTA, and others. This helps our clients to run their testing programs well on a budget, on time, and deliver high-quality applications. Want to know about the right codeless automation testing tools that can be integrated into your current testing function, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.